Happy Fall everyone!!!
This chili is FULLY packed with goodness and perfect for this cold weather coming in!
This recipe is super fast, easy and you are also getting in so many nutrients! Colours on colours on colours!
For all your pumpkin lovers…this ones for you!
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers (I used orange and red), diced
- 1 hot green serrano pepper, diced
- 6 cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1½ cups squash, diced
- ½ bundle of red swiss chard, chopped (if doesn't have to be exactly half)
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup peas
- 1 can cannelloni beans (540 mL can) (also known as white kidney beans)
- ½ can black beans (540 mL can)
- 1 can whole tomatoes (salt free) (796 mL can)
- fresh basil, chopped (I used around 6 big leaves)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- In a large pot on medium heat, warm coconut oil. Add onion, peppers, mushroom, squash, Swiss chard, and carrots. Sauté for 5-10 min with lid on until soft and add paprika, turmeric and cayenne.
- Add tomatoes, beans, peas, basil and pumpkin puree and stir until combined. Leave on medium to low heat with lid off for at least 1 hour (stir once in a while). There will be excess liquid, but it will burn off. If too much has boiled off, place the lid half way on.
- Serve and enjoy!!!